Here’s the soup of the day. Special thanks to my star Soupa Sista Kimberly and to Rachel Ray for providing the recipe.
Potato, Tomato, Spinach Soup
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 15 min
- 4 cloves crushed or finely chopped garlic
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 3 pounds all purpose potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pound fresh triple washed spinach stems picked and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated or ground
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can chunky-style crushed tomatoes or diced tomatoes in puree
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiana or Romano cheese