Here is the delicious Greens and Beans Soup. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 6-8
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
1 package of your favorite greens (I recommend spinach, but escarole and kale will also work).
2 15 oz cans of cannellini beans
3-4 cloves of garlic
1 yellow onion
1-1.5 cups of your favorite grated Italian cheese (I recommend Romano).
4 cups of chicken broth
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. of crushed red pepper flakes for garnish (optional only use if you like spice)
1. Peel and chop onion and garlic. Add to large soup pot with the olive oil turn on the heat and saute until translucent.
2. Turn down heat and the following ingredients (beans, spinach (a little at a time giving time for it to wilt into the pot), chicken broth).
3. Bring soup to a boil.
4. Turn down the heat and blend 5 cups of soup mixture (about 1/2 of the entire pot of soup) in a food processor/blender.
5. Add processed soup back to the unprocessed soup in the pot.
6. Lastly add the cheese and give it a stir.
7. Serve and garnish with a little crushed red pepper and enjoy.