Alas, Soupers. Here is your delicious Italian Wedding Soup with Turkey Meatballs recipe. Enjoy and thank me later!
Italian Wedding Soup with Turkey Meatballs:
Serving size: 10-12
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 30 min
1 large (48 oz) container of chicken broth
6 eggs (hardboiled)
1 (15 oz) bag of fresh spinach
3 cups of cooked pastina
4 carrots or 1/2 a bag of the small baby carrots
1 yellow onion (1/2 for soup and 1/2 for meatballs)
1 package of ground lean turkey breast
1 cup pecorino romano cheese
1 cup bread crumbs
3-4 cloves of fresh garlic
1 handful of chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Boil a pot of water to hard boil the eggs.
3. Chop 1/2 onion, garlic and saute in sauce pan until translucent and turn off the heat.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, sauted onion and garlic, grated cheese, parsley. Stir well.
5. Add raw eggs to the mixture. You will need either 2 or 3. You want your mixture to be wet but not drenched.
6. Roll up your meatballs into the size of marbles and place on a cookie sheet.
7. Bake for about 7 minutes just til they start to cook. You don’t want to brown them.
8. When you water boils, put the 1/2 dozen eggs into hardboil.
9. Peel and chop the rest of the onion and carrots add to soup pot and saute.
10. Boil another pot of water for the pastina.
11. Turn down heat on the soup pot to low or medium low and add chicken broth to the onion and carrot mixture.
12. Add cooked turkey meatballs.
13. Cool and peel hardboiled eggs. Chop coarsely and add to soup mixture.
14. Wilt spinach into the soup.
15. Add pastina to the boiling water pot and cook for 4 minutes.
16. Drain pastina and either add to the soup or keep separately and spoon into the bowl prior to adding the soup mixture.
17. Serve and enjoy!